Cooking With Kief
I never considered cooking with kief until an IG friend suggested I try kief cookies.
Wow, I’ve been missing out! Chocolate chip kief cookies are the easiest edible I’ve ever made!
Don’t Have Kief? Try These:
Or make your cannabutter the long, messy, time-consuming way: How I Make ABV Coconut Oil (VIDEO)
Cooking With Kief Tips
- The amount of kief placed in each cookie determines the strength of the cookie.
- Kief is concentrated; it’s much stronger than cannabis flower.
- Orally ingesting cannabis produces stronger effects than smoking or vaporizing – use caution.
- Edibles can take an hour to begin working – wait at least an hour in between doses.
- Effects of edibles last longer than smoking. Learn more: How long does a weed high last?
How to Make Kief Cookies
Here’s how to make kief cookies, a potent edibles recipe.
Kief cookies are the easiest edible to make and they’re delicious. The weedy taste is hardly noticeable.
Cooking with kief is a lot easier than using ground cannabis bud.
1. Decarboxylate Kief
How to Decarboxylate Kief
- Spread kief onto a baking sheet or onto a baking dish (I use a covered baking casserole dish)
- Bake at 230 degrees for 30 mins
Note: Whenever you heat cannabis (including kief), the smell will intensify. That means, your house will smell like marijuana when you make these kief cookies.
2. Prep Cookie Dough as Usual
You can make kief cookies with any type of cookie dough. You can use cookie dough from the refrigerator section of the grocery store or prepare your favorite recipe.
Below is my favorite whole-grain chocolate chip cookie dough recipe.
3. Make a Well in a Ball of Cookie Dough – Add 1/8 teaspoon of Kief
4. Fold and Gently Reform Cookie So Kief Remains Inside
5. Bake According to Cookie Dough Instructions
READ: Best Stoner Gifts
6. Enjoy Your Medicated Kief Cookies! Please Avoid Accidents By Labeling Your Cannabis Treats!
Basic Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
- 3/4 Cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Whole Grain Flour
- 1-2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- OPTIONAL – Boost the potency with 3/4 teaspoon of sunflower lecithin
- Blend butter and sugars together until fluffy
- Mix in egg and vanilla
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, and sunflower lecithin (optional), mixing until well combined
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes
Read More: Should you be concerned about mixing pharmaceuticals with cannabis? For example, is it safe to mix Zoloft and weed?