This website is informational and cannot diagnose or treat illness or disease. Medical marijuana should be used under the direction of a licensed healthcare provider. This site contains advertisements. If you click a link and make a purchase, MarijuanaMommy.com may receive a commission.
Marijuana capsules are an efficient & discreet way to ingest cannabis.
I Don’t Fill My Capsules With ABV oil
Cannabis capsules made at home are often filled with cannabis infused coconut oil.
I used to fill mine with this ABV coconut oil, but recently I started making my marijuana pills differently.
Filling tiny capsules with individual doses of cannabis coconut oil is not a simple task. It’s time-consuming and messy.
Now instead, I use ABV, or “already been vaporized” marijuana to fill my cannabis pills. The dry cannabis concoction is easier to work with than cannabis coconut oil.
Here’s a video of how I make marijuana pills:
How Marijuana Pills Are Different Than Smoking
- Cannabis pills are stronger than smoking or vaporizing.
- Oral cannabis takes longer to work than smoking or vaporizing cannabis. They also last longer than smoking or vaporizing.
- Oral cannabis lasts longer than smoking or vaporizing.
ABV vs Decarboxylated Cannabis
- If you decide to use fresh cannabis to make capsules, you’ll need to decarboxylate the cannabis first.
- Decarboxylation means heating the cannabis flower. The heat converts THCA to THC.
- ABV weed does not need additional heat. The flower is heated enough during the vaporization process.
How to Decarboxylate Cannabis
Place marijuana in a covered dish and cook for 30-40 minutes in an oven at 230 degrees. Stir occasionally.
To be honest, if I were making capsules from freshly decarboxylated cannabis instead of ABV. I’d want the most effective method.
Increasing the Potency of Marijuana Pills
Fat increases the absorption of cannabinoids. This is why cannabis oil is more effective than dried flower. I try to take my capsule with a fatty snack.
Tips For Using Cannabis Capsules
- How much you food eat, what kind of food you eat, and when you eat, can change the way marijuana pills affect you.
- A few anecdotal reports claim eating ABV may take longer to digest compared to capsules of cannabis oil. I personally have not noticed a difference.
- Keep in mind, cannabis CAN interact with other medications. Always speak with your doctor before beginning a new health treatment.
- Cannabis can increase the risk for falls in older individuals.
The dosage of ABV capsules vary. The strength on how much THC remains in the plant material.
One-to-two capsules is an appropriate dose for me, but I test each batch, starting with half a capsule
Inhalation vs Oral Consumption of Cannabis
|Onset is 0-15 minutes.||Onset is 30-90 minutes.|
|Peak Duration 1-3 hours.||Peak Duration 2-5 hours.|
|When smoking or vaporizing cannabis, heat converts THCA into THC.||When eating cannabis, the liver converts THC into 11-hydroxy-THC.|
|THC is processed in the lungs and quickly delivered to the bran.||11-hydroxy-THC takes longer to travel to the brain, but crosses the blood-brain barrier more easily causing a more intense high.|
- Weed Pills
- marijuana pills
- medical marijuana pills
- cannabis pills
- marijuana pills for pain.
- marijuana in pill form
- marijuana capsules
- cannabis capsules
- weed capsules