A Weed Cookie Recipe Packed with Potent Anti-Inflammatory Ingredients
How Stress Damages the Body
Stress causes inflammation. Inflammation damages the body. Low-levels of chronic inflammation–or chronic stress–drastically increases our risk for many diseases, including diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and Alzheimer’s.
Not only does research show that low doses of marijuana lowers stress, but marijuana also fights inflammation.
READ More: How Cannabis Reduces Inflammation
Enter for your chance to Win a Free Magical Butter Machine.
Foods Can Fight Inflammation
There are foods that are high in antioxidants. Antioxidants fight inflammation by removing the free radicals that cause cell damage. Cannabis is a powerful antioxidant. Aside from the anti-inflammatory of marijuana oil, these weed cookies contain a variety of other foods that have anti-inflammatory power.
I’m always looking for ways to incorporate anti-inflammatory foods into my diet. These cannabis cookies are ideal because they’re loaded with anti-inflammatory foods like oats, ginger, cranberries and dark chocolate. But the real stress-busting power in these weed cookies comes from cannabis.
Weed Cookies Fight Inflammation & Are Also Delicious
Maybe a little too delicious. Use caution! Don’t be tempted into eating more than one of these weed cookies until you’ve determined how strong they are. I nearly had a green-out when I made these.
Cranberry, Cannabis & Chocolate-Chip Weed Cookies
Weed Cookie Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused coconut oil (Tutorial: How to Make Cannabis Oil)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup oat flour (I make my own by running oats through my Nutri-bullet)
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Weed Cookie Directions:
- Cream together brown sugar and coconut oil
- Mix in egg & vanilla
- Add dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in dried cranberries & dark chocolate chips
- CHILL dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or your cookies will be flat)
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown (the center may still appear moist)
Makes 24 weed cookies
Weed Cookie Dosing:
How strong your weed cookies are, depends on how strong your cannabis oil is. For this recipe, one teaspoon of cannabis oil was equivalent to one dose. There are 24 teaspoons in a half cup. So in this version, one of these weed cookies was equal to one dose. If your oil is stronger, your cookies will be stronger.
Please LABEL Your Medicated Treats!